From the Kitchen of Home of Cooks
Time to Prepare: 3-5 minutes Cook Time: none Serving:1
Nescafe Classic Instant Greek Coffee (frappe), also made in Decaf sugar of your choice milk, evaporated milk or creamer One 16 oz. bottle cold water Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Frappe mixer or frother
1. In a tall glass, add a shot of water, the instant coffee and sugar. The amount of coffee and sugar depends on how you like your coffee!
Plain (“Sketos”): 1-2 tsps of coffee (no sugar). Medium (“Metrios”): 1-2 tsps of coffee and 1-2 tsp of sugar (equal amounts of coffee and sugar) Sweet (“Glykos”): 1-2 tsps of coffee and 2-4 tsps of sugar (double the amount of sugar than coffee) With Milk (“Me gala”): 1 tablespoon of milk (amount varies based on your preference) If you are not sure, start with Medium with Milk (“Metrios me gala”) . I actually like it a little stronger, so I put 2 tsp of coffee with 1 tsp sugar or 1 packet of Stevia.
2. Using a frother or frappe mixer, whizz the mixture until thick creamy foam is produced (about 10 seconds) moving up and down. Froth a little longer if using sugar in the raw as it takes longer to dissolve.
3. Add a handful (3-4 ice cubes) and fill the cup with cold water, leaving a little room for milk. Press the ice cubes down with a straw if you need to.
4. Top with milk. Traditionally, frappe is made with evaporated milk but you can use the milk of your choice.
5. Sprinkle some Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal on top and enjoy!
If you don’t have Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, you can just sprinkle on Cinnamon, chocolate powder or even leave it plain! If you add too much water in the first step, you will have too much foam!
CAN'T FIND WHAT YOU NEED?
We've links the Greek Instant Coffee we use as well as a frother below!
Download and print our recipe below!